5) Rockingham Town Hall
In 1887 when the first town hall was built on this site, it shifted the focus of town government from the rural Rockingam Meetinghouse to the urban village of Bellows Falls. That first imposing Romanesque building with clock tower was replaced in 1926 by the present brick town hall which dominates the Square just as its prececessor did. Eclectic in its overall Colonial Revival style, it includes bronze storefronts, a Georgian Colonial Revival entrance, Neo-Gothic arches in the parapet and cornice entablature, and a Neo-Renaissance tower. A theater is on the first floor. Town and village offices are upstairs.
[Previous: Centennial Block] [Next: Brown Block]
[Bellows Falls Historic District] [Map]